Family Services Workers
Two Contract Positions: One Located in Bancroft, One Located in Belleville
Ending September 2023
Highland Shores Children’s Aid is committed to ensuring the safety and promoting the well-being of our community’s children in partnership with their families and community resources. If you care deeply about the welfare of children and want to work in a dynamic environment, we would like to hear from you.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Family Services, the Family Services Worker receives referral information, investigates allegations of child maltreatment and provides protective services by assessing the nature of the presenting problem, developing case plans and providing ongoing case management services.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Education and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Social Work degree, however consideration may be given to applicants who possess a Bachelor degree in a related field with 2 years’ experience in a Human Services field direct service role. Masters of Social Work degree would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated understanding of child development, family systems, the effects of trauma on a child and a systems approach to working with families.
- Effective demonstration of forensic interviewing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and assess risk to children and families.
- Demonstrated ability to work from a solutions-focused, strengths-based perspective.
- Effective interviewing and counselling skills, specifically with children/youth and families.
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and the Ministry of Children and Youth Services.
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with children, youth, families, staff, foster and adoptive and kin families, and community collaterals.
- Demonstrated written communication skills to meet agency recording responsibilities and other administrative requirements.
- Proven organizational skills to set and meet priorities and established Ministry and agency requirements and to manage an assigned caseload.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as to function as a cooperative team member.
- Proficient in a Windows environment using Microsoft Office and Windows Explorer; familiarity with other software including email and case recording software.
Annual salary: $62,816 – $82,665. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package and opportunities for professional development.
Please apply in writing (e-mail applications are preferred) by March 21, 2023 to:
Highland Shores Children’s Aid
363 Dundas Street West, Belleville, ON K8P 1B3
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process are available upon request. Highland Shores Children’s Aid requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered will be contacted.