Interested in volunteering as a Community Member on our Service & Administration Committee?
Are you interested in helping children and families in your community, but feel you are too busy to commit to lengthy board meetings?
Highland Shores Children’s Aid is recruiting up to two community members to be a member of our Service & Administration Committee for a one-year term. This committee meets once a month for roughly 2 hours and participation by videoconference is available!
We need community perspectives to support the work we do! If you are 18 or older and are interested in learning how you can contribute to our organization, please contact Colleen at 800-267-0570 ext 2336.
Highland Shores cares for vulnerable children and youth in the counties of Hastings, Northumberland and Prince Edward and provides programs and services that help to empower them and their families.
What does it mean to be a Community Member on a committee?
- Shall be appointed for a maximum of 1 year; with an option for renewals to a maximum of 3 years;
- Shall receive an orientation within ninety (90) days of their appointment by the Board of Directors to ensure that they understand the functions of the Board of Directors (Governance Policy G7.7);
- Will sit on the committee as appointed as a voting member of the committee;
- May be invited to attend the in camera portion of the committee meeting at the discretion of the chairperson;
- Shall adhere to attendance requirements as set out in the Board’s by-laws for Board Directors; (70% attendance at S&A meetings)
- Shall adhere to the Board policies and procedures, HSCA by-laws and code of conduct;
- May be recommended for election to the Board depending upon the skills required at that time and performance as a community member; and
- Shall complete the necessary documentation for their acceptance as a Community Member, most notably: a Society Membership ($5/year); Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen and a Code of Conduct agreement.
If this sounds interesting…
Please send the following documents to the address below:
- a resume
- a short letter of interest
- an application for Nomination to become a community member (downloadable by clicking on this link) Application for Nomination to become a community member
- an application to become a Member of the Society if you are not one already (downloadable by clicking on this link) Application to become a Member of the Society
Highland Shores Children’s Aid
363 Dundas St. West
Belleville, ON K8P 1B3
Attn: Colleen Thompson
or by email to email@example.com
You may also contact Colleen at 800-267-0570 ext 2336 OR 613-962-9291, ext. 2336 if you require more information.
Candidates will be required to participate in an interview, provide references and obtain a Police Reference Check.
* according to the CYFSA, applicants cannot be a person with whom the Society has been involved unless three (3) full membership years have elapsed from the termination of such involvement, or be the partner of anyone who is receiving service.