Child Protection Worker
Opportunities may exist over the next four to six months for contract positions as Child Protection Workers within Highland Shores Children Aid. Applications will be kept on file for future opportunities.
Child Protection Workers are responsible for conducting child protection investigations and providing long-term child protection and case management services to an assigned caseload of children and families to ensure child safety and positive outcomes. This position is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating case plans and risk assessments for families who have identified child protection needs and delivering creative solutions to ever-changing family dynamics, planning for interventions, and participating in the legal aspects of child welfare.
Required skills abilities and qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Social Work degree, however consideration may be given to applicants who possess a Bachelor degree in a related field with 2 years’ experience in a Human Services field direct service role. Masters of Social Work degree would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and assess risk to children and families;
- Effective interviewing and counselling skills, specifically with children/youth and families;
- Proficient interpersonal skill and the ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with children, youth, families and staff, foster, adoptive and kin families, and community collaterals;
- Demonstrated written communication skills to meet Society recording responsibilities and other administrative requirements; excellent computer and keyboarding skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of CFSA as well as clinical knowledge of social work theories, principles and practices;
- Demonstrated understanding of child development, family systems, the effects of trauma on the child and a systems approach to working with families and professionals working with the families would be an asset;
- A valid driver’s license and $1,000,000 automobile liability insurance
These inquiries will only be monitored Monday thru Friday from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm except on holidays.
Please do not use this form to report any child safety concerns, report them immediately by calling 1-800-267-0570.