Report a Concern

Child abuse is everyone’s responsibility and so we need your help to protect children by reporting cases of suspected child abuse or neglect. It’s the right thing to do, morally and legally. Under Section 125 of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act (CYFSA), everyone is obligated to report their suspicions.  

You don’t need to be sure. If you suspect that a child is being abused or neglected, call Highland Shores Children’s Aid right away. Any information you provide to us will be listened to and a determination will be made on appropriate next steps. We are available 24-hours a day to talk about your concerns, and the information you give us, including your identity, will remain confidential, when possible.

Youth who are 16 and 17 years old are now eligible to receive protection services from Children’s Aid Societies. While reporting for 16 and 17-year old youth is not mandatory, please contact us if you have concerns.

If you reside in South Hastings call 613-962-9291.

If you reside in North Hastings call 613-332-2425.

If you reside in Northumberland call 905-372-1821.

If you reside in Prince Edward County call 613-476-7957.  

Or you can call 1-800-267-0570 from any of the above areas.